Last modified: May 14, 2018
EQUITYDOOR, LLC, a Texas limited liability company (“Company” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.equitydoor.com (our “Website“) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, social security number, date of birth, net worth, income, status as an accredited investor, your biography, and your website or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information“). If you choose to invest in a business through our website, we will collect payment information from you, such as financial account information or payment card information, and we may collect information to verify your income, such as a bank statement or W-2 form. Please note that we do not store your payment card information, but we do store other financial information. If you choose to add an investment entity to your profile, we will also collect information about the entity;
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
- If you would like to raise funding for your business with our website, we collect information about you and your business, your fundraising terms and payment information.
- We also collect information when you post questions or comments on our website, send or receive direct messages from other users, or when you contact us, including via email, phone or social media.
Information You Provide to Us.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, registering on our Website, posting material, or requesting further services..
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted“) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions“). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
If you decide to register through or otherwise grant access to a third party social networking or authentication service that we may make available (“Integrated Service”), such as Facebook or LinkedIn, we will collect certain personal information that you have provided to the Integrated Service (such as your name, email address, photo and other information you make available via the Integrated Service and au authentication token from the Integrated Service. The personal information collected from the Integrated Service may be used to register you on our Website and to provide some of the features of our Website. You may revoke our access to your account on the Integrated Service at any time by updating the appropriate settings in the appropriate preferences of the respective Integrated Service. You understand that certain features of our Website may not be available to you if you choose to remove our access to your account with the Integrated Service.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How We Use Your Information.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
- To provide, improve and personalize our Website.
- To monitor and analyze usage trends and preferences.
- To process payments and investments.
- To communicate with you, including the administrative, informational, promotional and marketing purposes and to respond to your requests or inquiries.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you.
How We Share Information We Collect
We may disclose information about you to third parties if (a) we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request, (b) to enforce our agreements, policies, or terms of service, (c) to protect the security or integrity of our Website, (d) to protect the property, rights, and safety of us, our users, or the public, (e) to respond in an emergency which we believe in good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person, or (f) to investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To the businesses that you invest in. The information about you that we share with the businesses you invest in may include your public profile information and your address, email address, and Social Security number
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To service providers to provide certain services to us, such as analytics services, fraud detection, payment processing, and advertising and marketing services. We only provide our service providers with the information necessary for them to perform these services. Our analytics providers may collect information about your online activities over time and across different online services when you use our Website.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of EquityDoor’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held byEquityDoor about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- Any comments or information you submit or share on public areas of the Website, such as questions for founders, your bio, or a description of your business, can be read, collected, or used by other users and the public. We are not responsible for the information you choose to submit or share on the public areas of our Website, such as investment pages or your public profile. We also share your information with other users when you send or receive direct messages from other users. Affiliates, Banks, and Partners. In order to provide the services on our Website, we may share your information with our affiliates and third parties, such as banks, portfolio companies, investment banking firms, accountants, and similar entities.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of EquityDoor, LLC, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and anti money laundering risk reduction.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or 2501 W. William Cannon, Bldg. 2, Suite 207, Austin, TX 78745.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Our Website is not intended for children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected the personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will take steps to delete the information. If you are aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
12400 State hwy 71 W
Austin, Tx 78738